IL&FS Skills Development Corporation (IL&FS Skills) is India’s largest vocational training company. The setting up of IL&FS Skills was triggered by the increasing demand of trained manpower for the jobs created in various sectors as a result of our Cluster Development Initiative. From being a pilot programme offered for textile sector, today it is a partnership company with National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC), with a mandate to train 40 lakh people by 2022 through a network of 100 multi skill Institutes (Hubs) and 300 single skill Schools (Spoke).
Our model is based on the addressing the needs of the Industry and is therefore focused on making students work ready. We also work extensively with other key stakeholders – Government (Central and State), Private Companies (funder and employers), Foundations, International Bodies, Trainees and Parents - creating a vibrant mix of sponsored and self paid programmes with a singular objective of matching youth to jobs or self employment opportunities.
Skills PRogrammes for INclusive Growth (SPRING)
IL&FS Skills launched Skills PRogrammes for INclusive Growth (SPRING), a bouquet of services which address the manpower demand –supply gap. These focus on those Not in Education, Training or Employment (NEET) by addressing the dual challenge of access to quality institutions and affordability by Bottom of Pyramid (BoP) groups.
SPRING is delivered through the current network of 44 IIS and 175 ISS in 27 states of India taking skills programmes to the remotest corners of the country. It comprises of the following 6 focus areas:
- Skills for Jobs : Skills Programmes linking trainees to placements in organised sector
- Skills Upgradation : Re-skilling & upskilling of people already in jobs
- Skills for Good Governance : Training of government functionaries on work skills and IT for improved governance
- Skills for Schools and Colleges : Vocational education aligned to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) for students of schools and colleges (undergraduates/graduates and post graduates)
- Skills for Trainers : Upto 1 month domain specific training called MASTERY for Master Trainers and Trainers
- Skills for Entrepreneurship : Self Employment training for MSME, rural artisans and especially women
To know more visit our skills portal:www.ilfsskills.com