School Infrastructure & Management
IL&FS Education utilises educational technology to enhance outreach and improve the quality of education. The School Infrastructure and Management Services (SIMS) practice provides concept to commissioning services for establishment/up-gradation of schools & Operations and management of schools under Public Private Partnership (PPP) for the Government and the Private sector.
Our focus is on creation of quality learning spaces through the seamless integration of physical spaces and learning processes driven by an innovative curriculum.
The opportunity is driven by both the government and the private sector thrust on education. This is reflected in increased Government Funding Initiatives in education such as Rahstriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), Model Schools scheme and the National agenda of mass education under PPP. Also, increasing per capita incomes and changing societal attitudes to education are fueling individual demand for quality education.
The practise functions on a two pronged approach:
- Operator Model: IL&FS ETS builds, owns, operates and manages schools in partnership with government/ private sector.
- Service Model: IL&FS ETS offers project management consultancy services for Greenfield/ Brownfield school projects for government and concept to commissioning services for establishment of schools for private sector.
We work towards raising the quality of the existing public schooling system at the systemic level, and to create citizens who are educated to the demands of the global economy at the individual student level.
IL&FS Education has played a significant role in:
- We were the catalyst in transforming 305 schools for the Delhi Government where the buildings have become intelligent learning spaces, impacting 3,80,000 children.
- Establishment of 20 residential schools and hostels with the Tribal Development Department in Gujarat, Department of Social and Tribal Welfare, Government of Gujarat.
- Establishment of 16 residential schools and 21 hostels for Karnataka Residential Education Institutions Society (KREIS).
- Refurbishment/ Demolition and new construction of schools for Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai. (MCGM)
- Working with Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Maharashtra in 156 schools impacting 60,000 children.
IL&FS ETS is providing concept to commissioning services for establishment of schools to the private sector:
- Establishment of School and Engineering College in Araria, Bihar for the Innotech Education Society, Bihar.
- Establishment of Knowledge Resource Clusters (KRC) in two districts of Andhra Pradesh for the Sujana Group of Industries, Hyderabad.
Supreme Court of India
- Praised the work done in Delhi Schools.
- Recommended to all states to replicate the Delhi Govt Model.