Agri and Food Processing
IL&FS Education along with its subsidiary IL&FS Clusters, is working extensively on framing policy issues and strategies for implementing rural clusters in India. We also offer strategic solutions for agri-business, with special focus on strengthening supply chain mechanisms, value chain methods and food processing facilities.
IL&FS Education along with its subsidiary IL&FS Clusters, provides the entire gamut of services that take agro & rural cluster development projects from concept to commissioning. Our service bouquet includes diagnostic studies, sensitisation and collectivisation of target micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) around identified projects, and also developing and executing projects in a public private partnership mode. Our key focus revolves around forging strategic stakeholder partnerships that lend sustainability to interventions. We are developing existing clusters with special thrust on identifying critical infrastructure constraints and helping these clusters collectivise their efforts and bridging gaps.
We work with major agro and food-processing clusters with a focus on strengthening the value chain by linking the farmers, processors and market, ensuring reduced wastage of agriculture produce. We also ensure that value addition and better utilisation in the food processing industry lead to higher farm incomes.
We also offer policy advisory services and assistance to governments, international agencies, multilaterals and industry associations in formulating suitable policies for holistic cluster development.
Through our Rural and Agribusiness Programme we are working on:
- Project management of development 10 mega food processing zones in the country for Government of India (GoI).
- Development of pappadam cluster in Jaunpur and Sant Ravidas Nagar in Uttar Pradesh in collaboration with UNDP and IKEA Foundation
- Development of food processing industry in Bihar
- Park for value addition of natural rubber in Tripura
Some key initiatives include:
- Development of four Growth Pole areas in Rajasthan (Sikandra), Uttaranchal (Chamoli), Kerala (Kollam) and Chattisgarh (Champa) for National Commission for Enterprises in Unorganised Sector (NCEUS), GoI
- Development of strategic as well as operational BDS in Kanpur leather cluster, under a project implemented by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- Formulation of cluster based development schemes for Ministry of Heavy Industry, Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Food Processing Industry, GoI
- Formulation of cluster development policies and schemes for State Governments of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka and Tripura
- Formulation of a country strategy to enhance competitiveness/performance of enterprises' in Srilanka for GTZ