Youth Engagement Programme through Placement Linked Skills Development programmes in Project Affected Areas
Client Name: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Placement Linked Skills Development Programme
- Guna, Madhya Pradesh
- Dediapada, Gujarat
- Tandur, Andhra Pradesh
Total Impact till date: 4200 candidates trained and placed
Genesis: In 2010, GAIL India entered into a partnership with IL&FS Skills to establish 3 world class vocational training institutes – one at Guna in Madhya Pradesh which is a multi skills institute called the GAIL - IL&FS Institute of Skills (IIS) and two other specialized single trade skills school called GAIL – IL&FS Skills School to impart industry relevant, placement linked skills programmes. These institutes are located in the project affected areas of GAIL hence they help mobilize unemployed youth, the disadvantaged, and women from these locations towards gainful employment. The skills development programmes at these institutes are serving the dual purpose of linking the youth to jobs and meeting the requirement of trained manpower in the local industry leading to inclusive growth in the regions
About the Skills Development Programmes:
- Sectors: Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction and Services Sector trades
- Learner Segment: The programmes cater to the entire learner segment - school drop-outs, X/ XII pass, ITI pass, Graduates and Engineers.
- Duration and Structure of the Training: The programme consists of one month training at a workplace simulated lab followed by another month of On-Job-Training. The programmes include a compulsory life skills, english and computer literacy component that ensures the overall personality development of the students to ensure they are prepared well and start immediately upon induction into a job.
- Content: Developed by industry experts and an ISO certified team, K-Skills, is an outcome based multi-media training content mapped to work competencies which is used to impart the technical training to the students.
Total Impact till date: 4200 candidates skilled, certified and placed in jobs
To find out more about the impact please visit our YouTube page here